[kictanet] First steps towards a mobile applications lab for Africa

King'ori Gitahi kingorigitahi at ovi.com
Fri Apr 16 20:07:31 EAT 2010

Hi guys,

Nokia, WorldBank and Finland have come together to spur the innovation
ecosystem in Africa.  A key input of this wider programme is the
importance of Mobile Applications and how we can use that to scale
businesses.

If you are a developer, business analyst, educationist, academic,
economist etc.  This is your opportunity to give your view on:

Does Africa need a mobile applications laboratory?

·         What services should it provide?

·         Where should it be located?

·         What existing initiatives exist in this field?

·         Which applications are likely to prove successful in Africa?

·         With which partners should the lab work?

·         What would be the measure of success?

http://www.infodev.org/en/Article.517.html

We have a real opportunity to determine where the Mobile Industry will
look like in Africa in another 20 years.
Please hit this link to go to an information page with details on how to
register and what this initaiative is about.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

King'ori Gitahi

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a
way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

Nelson Mandela

Ovi Mail: Simple and user-friendly interface
http://mail.ovi.com