[kictanet] Govt Commits $12m for Sameer Park office space, training, marketing

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Fri Apr 16 13:41:28 EAT 2010

Ms. Bohnstedt,
You are coming into this debate at a late hour.  The Sameer facility will be used to nurse our SMEs in the ITES sector.  We have weak BPO firms that do not meet the threshold for growth.  Putting them together will create necessary alliance that would grow them to levels where they can succeed.

We are not spending the entire $12 on rent alone.  Most of the resources would go into capacity building and Marketing.  The rent will take less than 2 million.  The three month free rent is to allow most of them to set up.  We shall also use some of the resources to incubate a number of software developers, animators and possibly any editing studio for the fast growing film industry.

On land, read my earlier post.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®