[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] JKIA-Lack of wireless internet

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 19:10:48 EAT 2010

On 13/04/2010, wesley kirinya <kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks. 8~) 8~)

Who's madam Rono? You know we might need to send her accolades!

> [...]
>

>             And Rwanda!
>

>             Waudo
>

>             On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:10 +0000, "robert yawe"
> <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>                         Wesley,
>

>                         They are called ISPs, you can take the donkey to the
> river but you cannot make it drink.
>

>                         Regards
>

>                         Robert Yawe
>
>                         KAY System Technologies Ltd
>
>                         Phoenix House, 6th Floor
>
>                         P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
>
>                         Kenya
>

>                         Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696
>

>                         --- On Tue, 26/1/10, wesley kirinya
> <kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>                         From: wesley kirinya <kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com>
>
>                         Subject: [ke-internetusers] JKIA-Lack of wireless
> internet
>
>                         To: "ke-users" <ke-internetusers at bdix.net>
>
>                         Date: Tuesday, 26 January, 2010, 15:46
>

>                                     *Sigh* I lack words on how to start
> this. I don't have to explain it. Can something be done ASAP so that JKIA
> can have free, fast WiFi Internet accessible everywhere (even from the
> toilets). Now, how can Kenya boast of broadband when the gateway to Africa
> (JKIA) has nothing to show of it. Imagine the very many passengers who use
> KQ (and other airlines) from all around Africa who pass by our airport:
> Company Directors, CEOs, CTOs, CFOs, ... Basically people who Kenya is
> trying to reach in order to attract investments in various sectors including
> IT. These are the same people going to invest in the rest of Africa. It's
> beyond my thinking why JKIA has never tapped into this even before the
> fibres came.
>

>                                     It's been a couple of months since I was
> there. Perhaps someone who was there more recently can give us an update on
> the current situation. I sure hope it has changed.
>

>                                     8~(

>                         -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

>             "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the ones
> doing it."
> -old proverb

>             This message was sent to: mucheru at google.com
>
>             Unsubscribe or change your options at
> http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/mucheru%40google.com
>

>             --
>
>             Joe Mũcherũ
>
>             Regional Lead, Sub-Saharan Africa
>
>             Google Kenya
>
>             7th Floor, Purshottam Place
>
>             Westlands Road
>
>             P O Box 66217 - 00800 Westlands
>
>             Nairobi,
>
>             KENYA
>

>             +254 20 360 1701 Office
>
>             +254 20 360 1100 Fax
>
>             +254 20 360 1000 Switch Board (Regus)
>

>             +254 722522135 Mobile
>

>             http://www.google.com
>

>             This email may be confidential or privileged.  If you received
> this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else,
> please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it went
> to the wrong person.  Thanks.
>

>             "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the ones

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all
the same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke