[kictanet] Ongeri Hurray on ICT Bus

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Apr 6 23:06:35 EAT 2010

Vitalis,
Lack of electricity is one of the lame excuses we use to stop linking our rural areas.  You can now provide Broadband anywhere in the country.  Safaricom has done it to Digital Villages in Karachwonyo and Ugenya.  Indeed in Karachwonyo their was neither electricity nor tarmaked roads.

The bus idea was a self contained project that did not require the luxuries you mention here.  If we really want to develop this country and expand opportunity we must stop sounding like foreigners in this country.  We must learn to be creative and speak less.  We must refuse donor money and start individual social responsibilty.  We must have faith in our abilities.  Saying we cannot manage a bus in a constituency is defeatist and eroding the confidence of ever managing our resources.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®