[kictanet] Who is ICT Board? Hijacked

John Sergon jhnkbwn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 18:06:10 EAT 2010

Hi Listers,

I want to assure Lilian Karanja that those of us in the Government whose
duty it is to promote ICT in the country will always open both ears for
listening to you guys out there. ICT Sector is the single most
important agent in transformaing government.

I also want to contribute on the topic touching on roles of ICT agencies in
government. While it is true that the government should have
one coordinating agency for ICT, it is not always practical or even
desirable. The government is a very complex institution. ICT sector is also
very complex. A good example is the energy sector. Currently there are about
six (I could be wrong) parastatals under the Ministry of Energy, for
development of energy.

What we should be aiming at is to define agencies' roles very carefully and
clearly to minimize duplication and apparent confusion among the public.

John Sergon
Ag/ICT Secretary
Directorate of eGovernment