[kictanet] KENIC is wanting

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 14:13:44 EAT 2010

Hi,

As requested let me ask my question again and in a different format.

If I sold you a condom which had a warning from Ministry of Health that said "We do not recognise the manufacturer of this product nor guarantee it effectiveness" what is the likelihood that you will use the product?

I connected to the KENIC site and Chrome raised an issue on the authenticity of the security signature that the site was presenting.  Who do I trust, the local techies telling me that this is quite safe or Google?

To Wanjiku her 1st reaction is to avoid the site, and what stops a sysop somewhere in the developed world to which we have laid our fibre optic cable from listing all .ke domains as unsafe?

Lets try and appreciate the global view of issues and also that 99.9% of web users have no appreciation or understanding of the underlying structure of a self or a publicly signed certificate.  When a job applicant places his credentials on the table I definitely will take a certificate he presents from wanawatu institute with a kilo of salt as opposed to one issued by KNEC, ICDL (intentionally included) or CISCO.

So Michuki if you seriously belief that there is no implication to this self signed certificate at KENIC then tell us so.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor