[kictanet] MPESA - Monopolies commission

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 12:39:08 EAT 2009

Bob, I would look at the fundamentals.

1. who should regulate MPESA/ZAP phenomena (CCK? Central Bank, both, etc?)
2. what makes a player dominant and when is a player deemed to be abusing their dominant position?
3. what (legal/regulatory) options are available to whichever regulator in containing a hostile dominant player
4. is there sufficient (political) guts to make a ruling?

i have no answers, just thinking loudly.
walu.