[kictanet] Facebook, Youtube maybe free but not really....

aki aki275 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 12:24:53 EAT 2009

 - Facebook monthly electricity bill = 1 Million USD  , and adds new servers
every few days because users appetites for adding photos keeps growing.

- Youtube monthly bandwidth consumption= 25PetaBytes ( 1000 Terabytes )

I don't have the excat amounts but the above is a harsh reality of operating
such services. Though their financial standings show as mighty, I wonder how
long can they sustain just running just on large adverts?

Rgds.