[kictanet] ITU Workshop on Accessibilty

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Wed Sep 23 19:30:48 EAT 2009

 Dear Colleagues,

The ITU will hold a workshop on accessibilty in Balamako, Mali
13-13 October, 2009
([1]http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/accessibility/200910/index.h
tml). The workshop will discuss current trends and the future for
accessibility to ICTs in ITU, with a focus on ITU-T’s
standardization work in the field. It will act as an excellent
networking platform for experts and other interested parties, and
aims to help build national capacities for accessible ICTs in
African countries. A key aim will be to identify the problems
associated with the application of ICTs to peoples with
disabilities.

The need to identify requirements for future accessibility
standards will be addressed. Participants will be asked to share
experiences and best practices for ICT policies, strategies and
services, to meet the needs of persons with disabilities.

Open to all, the event is expected to attract technical
organizations, governments, service providers, and industry
leaders but also representatives of the civil society and NGOs.
Participation by persons with disabilities is strongly encouraged
in order that their needs can be properly understood. If you know
of any persons wth disabilities who are associated with
accessibily to ICTs and would be interested in attending please
let me know so that we may explore funding.

Kind Regards,
Waudo