[kictanet] Fwd: [Skunkworks] Do commercial web portals andsitesfall into Content Service Provider category?

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon Sep 21 15:09:01 EAT 2009

Solomon,
Over regulation is bad.  It curtails innovation.  My prayer is to have as many Kenyans online as possible.  This can only be achieved by developing relevant content.  I want to know for example the origin of the names  Mwangi, Omolo, Ndemo etc.  Only local people can do this.  Genealogical data will occupy us online more than anything.  We therefore need a local wikipedia.

Once local corporations realize that five million of us are online, digital adverts would follow.  It is estimated that more than 60 percent of adverts would be online.  In other words it is up to us to create content that will take most our people online.

On pricing of Broadband, I will do anything within the law to ensure it is affordable -- that is below 200 dollars a MB.  Let us allow competition to drive it down.  Teams was ready for service on Sept. 15 and I gues some operators are waiting to see who takes a plunge with attractive offers.  Whichever way someone will bolt out.

Once again, let us not always put the law in front.  If you break it in the process of innovation, we all shall understand and possibly make something.  Let us emulate the Brits with their Common Law.  Use common sense, always have good intetions and embrace great moral standards.

Ndemo.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

	sitesfall into Content Service Provider category?

This message was sent to: bitange at jambo.co.ke