[kictanet] Fwd: [Skunkworks] Do commercial web portals and sitesfall into Content Service Provider category?

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon Sep 21 08:34:53 EAT 2009

Barrack,
Informal enterprise means outside of formal legal framework of enterprise.  The standard threshold for moving from informality into legal small enterprise is at 5 million in sales (KRA threshold for paying taxes).  Let us not use the absence of law for not advancing our entrepreneurialism.  We must constantly pursue enterprise as long as we are within our moral values.  If we wake up every morning to check the legality of our actions, we may never develop.  Laws are simply guidelines.  What matters most is our intentions and and the values that we embrace.

It is for exaple illegal to carry a rungu or panga in Kenya since the British outlawed these as offensive weapons but the Masai indeed carry these tools and it. Is perfectly correct within their cultural values.  At some point we should correct such mischivious laws as well as the ones that would impede enterprise growth.  As for CCK it must work within the legal framework to avoid creating too many loopholes.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®

	fall into Content Service Provider category?

This message was sent to: bitange at jambo.co.ke