[kictanet] CCK publishes 2009 Regulations

Stephen Chege SChege at Safaricom.co.ke
Fri Sep 18 16:47:04 EAT 2009

We all know why Regulations are needed and how they are enacted. My
point was that in this industry it does not happen as often or easily as
you suggested it could. Believe me we have wished and asked for changes
for a long time. Anyway now we have the opportunity, let us make the
best of it.

________________________________

From: David Otwoma [mailto:otwomad at gmail.com]
Sent: 18 September 2009 16:18
To: Stephen Chege
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] CCK publishes 2009 Regulations

Steve,

Reasons regulations are made is to clarify aspect(s) of the Act that may
not be clear, or update those areas since new info has come into being,
etc etc. So the frequency is due to the issues raised from the primary
law (Act) and the necessity of returning to Parliament is taken care of
by the secondary legislation. So in any one year if more than 1 issue
arises and the Minister is notified s/he may gazette necessary
regulation(s). Its probable no need arose since 2001 but now we are all
aware of our consumer rights we may compel the Minister to issue as many
regulations as the case(s) requires. Just like our Constitution has been
amended many times since inception sometimes nothing was done for many
years and sometimes many amendments occurred in one year.

David

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Stephen Chege <SChege at safaricom.co.ke>