[kictanet] WITSA Global ICT Public Policy Summit

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:20:33 EAT 2009

Waudo,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:10 PM, waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com>wrote:

<snip>

> -      Will Proposed Internet Governance Policies on the Stability,
> Security and Private Sector Leadership of the Internet Dampen Economic
> Recovery and Expansion?

Isn't this sort of a (mis)leading question, given that the privatisation of
Internet is what has led to it's unparalleled success?

What proposed policies are we talking about? IDNs? new gTLDs? Both promise
tremendous economic growth (will they deliver is another question), but they
certainly won't "dampen" any recovery.

--
Cheers,

McTim