[kictanet] Idea

wesley kirinya kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 20:08:14 EAT 2009

Interesting! If KDN has an intergrated payment solution then that's great.
I believe there are lots of great apps that would benefit from a payment platform with an API for developers to plug into, and a reasonable revenue share between the platform provider and the developer.
That is the last mile for developers. Developers can now reach the increasing number of consumers getting online, thanks to the fibre and its good tidings, but they can't get money from the consumers! A platform that allows a consumer to click 'Buy Now' from a webpage, a computer application or a mobile application and the necessary money transfer is done would be indeed awesome.
Hopefully KDN, Access Kenya or some large ICT company will set up such a payment platform. Developers (and businesses they serve) will worship you for months and years to come, and so will consumers (indirectly)! Kenyans from abroad can purchase local stuff for their loved ones in Kenya, ...
I believe this is the next thing past the money transfer solutions offered by our Telcos.

O_O