[kictanet] Idea

Phares Kariuki pkariuki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:33:24 EAT 2009

> I don't see why it must be restricted to MPesa. All the telcos have or are
> developing payment technologies. In any case, there's always the route of
> asking end users to send an SMS to a premium rate number and get payment
> that way. Let getting the actual payment be the telco's problem.

Well, getting premium rate numbers is a little expensive for your average
small scale developer. The easiest thing to do was leach of M-Pesa's payment
system for the time being. I can get more details as to why they chose to go
down the M-Pesa road as well. Excellent suggestion though...

--
With Regards,

Phares Kariuki

| T: +254 734 810 802 | E: pkariuki at gmail.com | Twitter: kaboro | Skype: