[kictanet] Refurbs Debate

Rad! conradakunga at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:37:42 EAT 2009

I think we're all missing an important point. Assembly is not enough. Anyone
can assemble a computer. The key factor in why people prefer Dell/HP/IBM etc
to clones is reliability and support. If your branded computer develops
issues there is someone you can call or ship the machine to that will sort
you out. Until such assurances can be made to prospective customers the
uptake on locally assembled equipment will continue to be low.

Let us think beyond hardware. Maintenance and support are just as, if not
more important