[kictanet] Yes You Can! Monopolies and Prices Commission of Kenya and CCK

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 10:05:54 EAT 2009

Alex,

Allow me to play the devils advocate as i think loudly...if our beloved coalition Govt failed to control the price of basic necessities e.g Unga(flour) - recall they had dictated two prices - the Slum price and the Runda prices both of which failed to hold?. And what of the price of fuel (which this morning I checked was going towards Ksh 90 (1.2$)per liter in some stations...what makes you think they will one day get inspired to dictate the price of some esoteric animal called the Internet?

walu.
nb: I keep saying this - the answer to internet pricing is NOT domiciled within one or two players and so arming one or two of the players with laws maybe good but NEVER sufficient to have an impact. In other words you must cultivate a whole-istic approach to this pricing question.