[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Safaricom to introduce unlimitedinternet service

Akich Kwach kwach at archway-productions.com
Mon Oct 26 12:30:26 EAT 2009

Walu,
I have been receiving such direct marketing mails from Safaricom. One thing i noted with concern; are such products developed/informed based market research, i doubt if ordinary Kenyans would have made such proposals. In my view, this is like pushing products/services down the customers throat. Even with those "wonder speed", COST is stil a fundamental factor especially for the SMEs under which majority of Kenyans fall. One fact is the operator is ignoring the public expectations - speed without cost is just but a fallacy. Thank you for making the GDP comparison which the operators and regulators always ignore, both should aprreciate internet and information are basic needs if we have to achieve the 2030 dream and as such those in the sector should not just be focussing on being declared the highest tax payers. Could someone from Safaricom let us know whom they were targeting with such offers?

Have a blessed week

Akich Kwach