[kictanet] Coffee or Code?

S.Murigi Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:29:48 EAT 2009

Dear All,

There are those who meet at cocktails to make policies or cut deals and
those who live on coffee to convert these policies or deals into
(software) code = information systems.

It must be said that www.information.go.ke, www.ict.go.ke and other
government departments have come a long way in opening up to us but ...

Bureaucracy and political intrigues still keep many of our government
departments from building even simple information and transactional
systems to increase transparency and efficiency.

Who in government can join us the morning of November 7, 2009 to
enlighten us more on how we can help the government personnel or IT
companies required to build these systems? Kenya ICT Board CEO? The PS
(Dr. Ndemo)?

This will not be an anti Microsoft meet but we need an informed Kenyan
FOSS luminary to provide balance that day. Alex Gakuru?

Location: We have not decided yet. Maybe Silver Springs Hotel, Panafric
or Jacaranda!

Kind regards

SMM