[kictanet] Internet Outage Tuesday Oct-13-2009

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:42:19 EAT 2009

Hi Fiona,

While all of what you have said is true, the only uptime that you can
monitor from KIXP (based on how I originally designed it) is uptime for
operators/providers/members on their link to KIXP. In other words, there is
now way of determining if their upstream/international connectivity is
working or not.

I believe that the initiator of this thread might have been referring to
'external' internet access as opposed to 'local' internet access.

Best regards,

Brian

Brian Munyao Longwe
e-mail: blongwe at gmail.com