[kictanet] Consumer Protection - Safaricom

Wamuyu Gatheru wamuyulearn at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 08:01:21 EAT 2009

Nyaki,
Thanks for response. The difference is that a bank loan is usually obtained to buy goods or services from another enterprise. A bank loan is normally repaid over a long period of time. The Safaricom credit is for Safaricom airtime and usually repaid within minutes (50shs is really an emergency provision). It feels more like a dishonest way of charging more.

Alex has taken it up within the discussions on regulations.

regards, Wamuyu