[kictanet] MPESA - Need for Consumer Protection (Attn:Safaricom)

jairah at kippra.or.ke jairah at kippra.or.ke
Mon Oct 5 21:57:18 EAT 2009

Dear All

Something is not quiet right. The problem described by Melissa is the second time I am hearing such a case. On 2 October 2009 at about 6.59 pm at the Sarit Centre Customer Care Centre there was this gentleman who must have been trying to activate their MPESA line. They were asked to deposit 100 bob, but chose to deposit 2000. The interesting comment I heard was him being told that the line was in his name, but the MPESA account was in someone else's name.

Can a clarification be made? I sincerely hope that I am wrong. But, the ramifications for public policy seem grave in my view.

Kind regards

Eric Aligula
Sent from my BlackBerry®