[kictanet] International Computer Games Association Events 2010

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Mon Oct 5 17:08:57 EAT 2009

----- Original message -----
From: "J.W. Hellemons" <J.W.Hellemons at uvt.nl>
To: "'J.W. Hellemons'" <J.W.Hellemons at uvt.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:50:22 +0200
Subject: Announcement ICGA Events 2010

18th World Computer Chess Championship
World Chess Software Championship
World Computer Chess Blitz Championship
JAIST Computer Olympiad
International Conference on Computers and Games 2010

Kanazawa, Japan : September 24th to October 2nd 2010

The ICGA is delighted to announce that our events for 2010 will be held
in
Kanazawa, Japan, hosted by the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and
Technology (JAIST). The contract for hosting this event was signed on
October 5th in Kanazawa by ICGA President David Levy and JAIST President
Takuya Katayama.

The provisional dates are September 24th to October 2nd 2010.

2010 is the 20th anniversary of the founding of JAIST and our events
will
form an important role in their anniversary celebrations.

Kanazawa is a city with a strong cultural identity. One of the most
important sights in the city is Kenroku-en Garden, which is one of the
three
most beautiful gardens in Japan.

JAIST have generously made available funding to enable us to provide
financial support of 1,000 Euro for 10 of the participating teams in the
World Computer Chess Championship, in order to defray their travel and
accommodation costs. Full details will be made available in due course.

This announcement serves also as a call for papers for the International
Conference on Computer Games (2010). Full details of the conference will
be
available in due course.