[kictanet] Sir Tim Berners-lee web inventor on K24 Capital Talk on Monday 30th

michael Ouma benomnta at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 26 10:35:39 EAT 2009

Hi Mr Mureithi:

i still feel the rest of the media, i.e print journalists, were not given sufficient time to interview and seek views of Prof Barnes on saturday and during the whole trip.

the first communication we'd from DFID was that there'd be a media briefing at 9am on saturday, then the time was pushed to 11.30am, then 12.30pm. then after Barnes was done with Jeff, the rest of us were only given 10 mins for our interview, 5mins of which were still spent on setting the ground rules for the interview like the number of questions to ask, how not to take photos and the like.

as much as i agree that Jeff (K24) needed the almost 2hours he'd for his 'capital talk' interview, the rest of us should also have been considered, and the appropriate ans sufficient time accorded to us so as to enable us to also inform our readers about Prof Barnes visit to the country.

thanks.

Michael Ouma
Journalist
Kenya
Tel:+254-725-537823

"There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction," - JF Kennedy.