[kictanet] Jacaranda Update

S.Murigi Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 22:06:24 EAT 2009

Dear All,

The Jacaranda meet went well although it started slow (as would be
expected on a Saturday morning). We ended at 2.30pm.

Prof Sevilla of Strathmore University was most punctual. It is no
surprise that software developers he has taught take him as seriously as
he takes them. Two of our three (presenting) software gurus acknowledged
his contribution to their lives. He had to leave as early as he came
though to attend a funeral.

Our priority is to motivate software developers and if E-Govt higher ups
do not take them seriously, we would rather have the E-Govt technocrats
who were with us today. Ms. Esther Wanjau (Assistant Director / ICT -
MoIC) and Martin Kinyua (Kenya ICT Board) did well to open our minds as
did Hary Hare, Dorcas Muthoni and others who have their E-Govt info
together... We will be sure to have them as speakers or moderators in
coming meetings.

Conrad had a great presentation as did Esther and Martin. Will forward
their PPT's as soon as we get them.

for Kenya MSDN Interop