[kictanet] Final Reminder: E-Gov Public Forum @ Jacaranda Hotel, Saturday, November 7, 2009

S.Murigi Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:18:08 EAT 2009

Dear All,

Ms. Esther Wanjau will be joining us tomorrow (Saturday, November 7,
2009) morning at the Jacaranda Hotel.

http://egov.comesa.int/en/contacts/24-national-e-government-focal-point-officers/7-ms-esther-wanjau.html

Time: 10am to 1pm.

She will brief us on how we can get involved in helping Government
develop Information and Transactional Systems to benefit all Kenyans.

Dr. Joseph Sevilla of Strathmore University and other Technocrats will
be with us to add value to our discussions / debate.

*To demonstrate that we have Kenyans capable of developing the
Information and Transactional systems our government needs: *

The e-government discussion will be facilitated by Conrad Akunga, our
own Kenyan Microsoft C# (an OPEN programming technology) Most Valuable
Professional - Awarded to him by a world wide and world class community
of software developers.

We will also hear from a Kenyan who is part of a Private Company LOCALLY
building a Web System (Service) that various (not just government)
organizations subscribe to in some part of the EU. He will be
interviewed by another Kenyan guru helping build some HR (System.Web) at
the UN in Nairobi. Floor will be open to any queries about how they and
their teams go about building these kinds of web systems and services.

There will be refreshments sometime between 10am and 1pm. KARIBUNI!

Please e-mail me to confirm your attendance before tomorrow (Saturday,
November 7, 2009).

http://blogs.msdn.com/interoperability/

*For the more technically inclined / interested, we will show 2
FANTASTIC 'History of Visual Studio' Videos at 9am-10am*