[kictanet] Please Join Us at Jacaranda, Nov 7, 2009, 10am-1pm

S.Murigi Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:04:26 EAT 2009

Dear All,

There is a meeting at *The Jacaranda Hotel on Saturday, Nov 7, 2009 @
**10am-1pm. *

*Attendance: Free!*

PS Ndemo will be represented by the Head of IT at the Ministry of
Information and Communications. We also expect a notable academic or two
to add value to the discussions / debates.

We welcome other E-Gov Practitioners / Executives to come and
participate in a discussion to educate us on how we get involved in
helping Government build Information and Transactional systems to
benefit all Kenyans.

We will hear from a Kenyan who is part of a Private Company LOCALLY
building a Web System (Service) that various (not just government)
organizations subscribe to in some part(s) of the EU. He will be
interviewed by another Kenyan guru helping build some HR (System.Web) at
the UN in Nairobi. Floor will be open to any queries about how they and
their teams go about building these kinds of web systems and services.

Conrad Akunga, our own Kenyan Microsoft C# (an OPEN Programming
Technology) Most Valuable Professional - Awarded to him by a World Wide
and World Class Community of Software Developers, Will Facilitate the
E-Gov Q & A Session!

Some of our more reliable Software (Web) Developers get to find out what
our government needs from them and Government gets to find out our
software (web) developers need to deliver working Information and
Transactional systems for Kenyans.

Spread the word to anyone you think may be interested. There will be
refreshments sometime between 10am and 1pm. KARIBUNI!

Please e-mail me AND emmanuel.birech at microsoft.com to confirm your
attendance - for planning purposes.

http://blogs.msdn.com/interoperability/

*For the more technically inclined / interested, we will show 2
FANTASTIC 'History of Visual Studio' Videos at 9am-10am*

There are 10 parts but we will only show Parts 1 and 2 - which overview
the other 8 videos.