[kictanet] Shouldn't Tea Time for Kenya Mean IDN Top-Level Domains?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:04:02 EAT 2009

Hi Waudo,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:03 AM, waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
> Hi Alice - pls clarify: I was under the impression that all the common
> existing TLDs would come under the IDNs by mid next year but this writer
> says it is only the ccTLDs?

This round, only ccTLDs.

http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-30oct09-en.htm

"ICANN's Fast Track Process launches on 16 November 2009. It will
allow nations and territories to apply for Internet extensions
reflecting their name – and made up of characters from their national
language."

changes to the rootzone must be done pole pole.

--
Cheers,

McTim