[kictanet] ICDL to be Gazetted: Is Open Office recognized?

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Wed Nov 4 00:43:09 EAT 2009

I have never heard of any government mandating a "computer
literacy standard" leave alone unilaterally without any
consultations with stakeholders. In fact a "computer literacy
standard" exists nowhere because there is no accepted definition
for "computer literacy". Maybe the Government is heading back to
the comfortable days of "command and control" in ICT Policy where
pronouncements are simply made from ivory towers by people who
know eveything and need to consult no-one. Let's hope I am wrong.

Waudo

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:40 -0800, "wesley kirinya"