[kictanet] Notice:-BPO eDiscussion, June 2nd-15th, 2009

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 12:27:11 EAT 2009

Dear esteemed Listers (& apologies for cross-posting),

I must seek your apologies for having to bring forth the BPO discussion ahead of the eContent Discussion as earlier planned.  This is due to the fact that the BPO research undertaken by UoN, Prof. T. Waema et al has some strict publishing deadlines and he did NOT want to go to press without feedback from the community.

We therefore seek your indulgence to ran the BPO discussion next week from Tuesday 2nd June 2009 for 2weeks according to the following themes and specifications:

e-Discussion outline:
1.	The policy, legal and institutional frameworks for BPO sector   (2days, Walu moderating)
2.	Subsidies accorded to BPO sector (2days, Walu moderating)
3.	Human Capacity Issues (2days, Walu moderating)
4.	Youth and Gender Issues (2days, Dr. C. Adeya moderating)
5.	Strengths and Challenges for Kenya as a BPO destination (2days, Dr. C. Adeya moderating)

The Aim of the e-discussion is to:
Present the interim findings from the BPO research team and to get inputs from the ICT community and other e-participants in Kenya.

The Objectives of the e-discussion are:
 * to share the interim findings of the BPO study
 * to obtain inputs from the e-participants
 * to begin to build consensus on the policy implications

The Outputs
The main output is a summary of the e-participants contributions. This summary will be used to enrich the findings to be presented in a stakeholders' workshop at the end of June 2009.

We look forward to your active contribution to this important discussion next week and promise to run the eContent discussion soon after.

walu.