[kictanet] Protecting Children Online & on Mobile

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:17:38 EAT 2009

Walu,
I like that mode of using the credit card to Censor, does it in any way
advance the network neutrality agenda, am just wondering aloud maybe Mwende
can provide some guidance, Mblayo, i cant wait to see that document
Cheers all..

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Brian Munyao Longwe <blongwe at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Wainaina,
>
> Thank you for the question. AfrISPA has just concluded an intense session
> of work with the ITU, European Broadcasting Association, GSMA and others to
> develop "Child Online Protection: Guidelines for Industry"
>
> This document will be launched at the event you have mentioned. Please look
> out for it.... I think you will find it quite enlightening.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian
>
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Wainaina Mungai <
> wainaina at madeinkenya.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> The World Telecommunications and Information Society Day will be in a
>> few days - 17th May. The theme is on protection of children in
>> cyberspace....
>>
>> That led me to wonder how/if we are working to protect children from
>> Mobile Content now that there is alot of adult content sold on mobiles
>> e.g. Wall papers, adult tips on relationships, dating services etc.
>>
>> Children now have access to both web and mobile - with mobiles being
>> harder to monitor. Who out there is working on such issues?
>>
>> Wainaina
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my mobile device
>>
>> ---
>> http://www.bungesms.com
>>
>> http://www.madeinkenya.org

> Brian Munyao Longwe
> e-mail: blongwe at gmail.com
> cell:  + 254 722 518 744
> blog : http://zinjlog.blogspot.com
> meta-blog: http://mashilingi.blogspot.com

Barrack O. Otieno
ISSEN CONSULTING
Tel:
+254721325277
+254733206359
http://projectdiscovery.or.ke
To give up the task of reforming society is to give up ones responsibility
as a free man.
Alan Paton, South Africa