[kictanet] IG Discussion 2009, Day 8 of 10 - National Cybersecurity strategies

Akich Kwach kwach at archway-productions.com
Wed May 6 12:35:30 EAT 2009

In contributing to Solomon's concern on what is being done in the public and
private sector, I wish to draw your attention to an article which featured
in the local media (either Nation or Standard) early this year. It talked
about the government having set up a special police unit to deal with cyber
crime. It went further to state there were police officers who at that time
were unergoing training in US which should have been concluded by end of
April 09. The article alleged that some of the officers have been recruited
from the private sector.

Anyone who can reach police spokesman, Mr Kiraithe, may be in a position to
shed more light.

Kind regards,

Akich Kwach