[kictanet] IG Discussion 2009, Day 5 of 10- Criticical Internet Resources, IXPs and NOFB

Eng. Thomas Senaji tasenaji at gmail.com
Sat May 2 22:10:24 EAT 2009

IXP
optimal utilitilisation on national IXP and any others will largely depend
on national communities of interest that will be driven by initiatives in
e-commerce and other e-applications within the country and in the EAC region
for instance. This brings to mind local local content as one of the drivers
of a vibrant IXPs. In a nutshell, promotion and proliferation of
e-applications with the underpinning need for content are necessary.

NOFB
international benchmarks(read malaysian multimedia super corridor, MSC and
Estonian, IT College for ICT human resource development) indicate that
governements take deliberate actions to deploy infrastructure including ICT
infrastructure  to stimulate growth. in this regard, the focus should be on
principles of equal and non-discrimintory access to such infrastructure as
is the case in countries that have implemented such projects.  with such an
approach,  entrepreneurs should be able to levarage the infrastructure for
innovation across all sectore of the economy.

Best regards

Thomas Senaji