[kictanet] Fw: RE: One subject, varying quality - We lack an accreditation system for ICT courses

Mwololo Tim timwololo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:24:10 EAT 2009

Eng. Kariuki,

This is the only statement I could find:

"The Government will encourage the growth of local software industry by

increasing awareness among stakeholders of the opportunities offered by

different software models, including proprietary, open-source and free

software in order to increase competition, access, diversity of choice and
enable users to develop solutions".

Yes you are right it is not silent. What I meant was that we are
non-committal on OSS. The policy is "sitting on the fence", so to speak, and
therefore does not provide an explicit direction. This is what I meant -
sorry for the miscommunication

Is there a plan to review this policy any time soon?

Regards

tm