[kictanet] Media Reports

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon Jun 15 23:27:16 EAT 2009

Bikuli,
In SA as many people died of xenophopic attacks as those who died in Kenya
during post election violence.  Similar violence continues in SA as it is
happening in Kenya.  These are economic problems the entire continent is
facing but the coverage in Kenya is sensational.  Can we separate the
country from personality?  Each family that I know of in Kenya has its own
problems but not always you get to know these problems no matter how
significant they are.  Can we have a Kenyan family where as we sort out
the problems, the image of the country is spared?

Here in the US they have Red Necks, Ku Klax Clan but they do not give
these people the prominence we give Mungiki and other similar
organizations.  Indeed media does a great job to highlight issues
affecting mwananchi but let there be reasonable analysis of the problem
and make suggestions.  Internal Security Minister is not the only
solution. Tribalism also is not our problem and if it was, there will not
be a poor Kikuyu or Kalenjin.  We must broadly address our economic
imperatives to reduce our social imbalances that lead to crime.

Ndemo