[kictanet] Day 10/11 of 12- BPO Discussions, Strengths andWeaknesses (Observations from USA and UK); and Trends and Niches

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 11:53:28 EAT 2009

I agree with Dr. Ndemo et al.  One of our greatest weakness is negative energy. And the root cause of this negative energy is tribalism. Our East African citizens (TZ,UG etc) know that Kenyans identify themselves first as being from their tribe, then 2nd as being from their clan and finally as being from their country ( the 'Navumulia' kua mkenya mentality).

As noted by others, the sheer capacity of this negative energy will overide any marketing dollars that may be poured out there in "Brand Kenya" initiatives...There must be conscious and deliberate effort to sell Brand Kenya internally.  We have to find a way to celebrate our diversity rather than exagerate our differences...This to me should have been one of the pillars in the Vision 2030 because it wont happen overnite.

walu.