[kictanet] Day 4 of 10- BPO Discussions, Govt Subsidies

Gakuru Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 14:11:24 EAT 2009

You summarise it very well Badru. Indeed we have soo many "approach" problems.

The actual people with potential and capability to deliver on
outsourcing (aka innovative youth) are locked out of conversations
deliberately. Investment in ICTs is "the brains" which we have plenty
of locally but do the establishment recognise this and nurture this
Human Capital? (I am not taking about a fancy conference or meeting
here or there, rather tangible strategies  lifting their innovative
ICT entreprises.) I see new barriers and obstacles, fees etc everyday
than 'enabling environment'

"Outsourcing" discussions immediately and mistakenly become "call
centre" debates, WB cash, conferences, "inspiration" trips - All while
the ICT landscape is so vast..

Notable successes by youths left 'hacking' outsourcing on their own
are emerging.

regards,