[kictanet] Day 4 of 10- BPO Discussions, Govt Subsidies

Prof. Waema waema at uonbi.ac.ke
Fri Jun 5 12:19:37 EAT 2009

MM,

I like your point. We should have a very strong basis for the incentive
scheme that we create for BPOs. Mauritius abolished their incentives on
the basis that the country did not benefit significantly from them. This
did not stop the inflow of investment. The question is, how critical are
incentives to attractiveness as a BPO destination? My humble submission
is that attractiveness is a balanced of many factors and it should not
be surprising that one can be attractive even without "incentives" as
most people understand them. tm