[kictanet] Day 2 of 10:-BPO discussions, Legal and Regulatory Frameworks

Eric M.K Osiakwan emko at internetresearch.com.gh
Thu Jun 4 21:32:55 EAT 2009

Dr. Ndemo,

I would defer to you on the strategic policy effort to deal with
ownership.

One of the submissions we have made to the Ghana government is to work
a mechanism where natural resources like Oil etc can be converted to
cash and such cash can be used for strategic investments.

Am not sure, i entirely agree with you that we dont have the money to
invest. The issues are around how do we mobilise liquidity and turn
them into instruments for investment. Really, am not an economist or
financial strategist but we need to put those brians to work. We need
them to realise that, it cant be business as usual, we have a problem
and they must work to change the status quo. The amount of money
outside the banking sector and under pillows and buried in farms is
outstanding.

Am sorry to branch off this discussion on BPO to investments but i
think we would end it here so the original trend can proceed.

Eric here

emko at internetresearch.com.gh