[kictanet] Day 2 of 10:-BPO discussions, Legal and Regulatory Frameworks

muthoni masinde muthoni at uonbi.ac.ke
Thu Jun 4 12:22:26 EAT 2009

I disagree with Mwangi!

I am for the idea that we create 'Kenyan Brand' as far as outsourcing is
concerned. Going the way of vehicles on Kenyan roads (wait for critical mass
then get Michuki to sort out the mess) will lead us to a sea of confusion.
Outsourcing clients are so sensitive that the fact that one had a bad
experience at Mwangi's (God forbid!) company will spoil for the others.
Take example of the Indian company that was involved in sale of credit cards
information. This one spoiled for so many others that now there is an
'exodus' (for lack of a better word) of BPO work out of India!  Let's have a
framework and ensure that operators work within it and we will go places as
a country!

  _____