[kictanet] Of Presidential directives and policy

Eng. Thomas Senaji tasenaji at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:12:24 EAT 2009

Good afternoon,

This provides an opportunity for the MoICT to play a greater role in
assisting MoEST and MoY&S in delivery of ICT education and skills. The
implication of this directive is that MoICT should play a more active role
in development of ICT skills among the youth.

Specifically, from the perspective of ICT for development in socio-economic
spheres, MoICT can now play an even greater role across ministries -
providing the technical input required by these sectors either directly or
through its designated organs.

In my view, the responsibility should lie with parent ministries while MoICT
actively fastracks the processes by virtue of its ovesight in matters of ICT
including milestones and policy targets.

Again, this requires complementary and synergistic approach between MoICT,
MoEST and MoY&S and MoICT mamy need to develop  (or enhance)  capacbity to
carry out this mandate.

Thomas  Senaji