[kictanet] President Obama's upcoming trip - media resources for your involvement

Eric M.K Osiakwan emko at internetresearch.com.gh
Tue Jul 7 11:36:53 EAT 2009

Dear All,

Hope your morning is well.

Below are some outlets for getting involved in President Obama's visit
- http://www.whitehouse.gov/mediaresources/

SMS. We’ve launched an SMS platform to allow citizens to submit
questions, comments and words of welcome (in English and in French) .
Using a local SMS short code in Ghana (1731) , Nigeria (32969) , South
Africa (31958)and Kenya (5683), as well as a long code across the rest
of the world*, Africans and citizens worldwide will be encouraged to
text their messages to the President. SMS participants will also be
able to subscribe to speech highlights in English and French. Long
numbers for mobile registration pan-Africa: 61418601934 and
45609910343. This SMS platform is not available in the US. We’d love
to get a bunch of people signed up and submitting questions via SMS
today.

Radio.  A  live audio stream of the  President's speech will be pushed
to national and local radio stations during the speech. After the
speech, a taped audio recording of the President’s answers to the SMS
messages received will be made available to radio stations and
websites. The President hopes to answer a variety of questions and
comments by topic and region. The audio recording will also be made
available for download on www.whitehouse.gov and iTunes.

Online chat. We will host a live web chat around the speech on
Facebook.  The White House will also create a Facebook “event” around
the speech wherein participants from around the world can engage with
one another.  A Twitter hashtag (i.e. #obamaghana) has been promoted
to consolidate input and reaction around the event.

WhiteHouse.gov/Ghana -  On the day of the speech, we will launch www.whitehouse.gov/ghana
  with links to all of the relevant programs and content (including
transcript, video, etc.) for both domestic and foreign audiences.

NB: Sorry for crossposting.

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Director
Internet Research