[kictanet] One subject, varying quality - We lack an accreditation system for ICT courses

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 21:31:40 EAT 2009

Tim, et al,
Am overcome by acute nostalgia when FOSS is mentioned because we
chased policy agenda from the Economic Commission of Africa in Addis
to Tunis via Geneva in the corridors of International
Telecommunication Union under the auspices of the World Summit on
Information Society (WSIS) between 2004-2006.

But the lesson that made me finally see the light was triggered by the
post election violence in January 2008 when a company am associated
with was contracted by NPWJ and KNCHR to document evidence.

Browse through the attached pdf document, you will realize there is
actually no crisis in technology deployed and that it does not matter
what technology is deployed during crisis.

An ICC judge Benard Lavigne, now a prosecutor in Toulouse used this
database and told us it was miles ahead of what they use at ICC. Am
also waiting for my day with the prosecutor albeit for totally
different reasons that could also fatten my wallet in due
course....(life is good).

Bill