[kictanet] Obama Speech puzzle: read, memorised or simply no script?

Solomon Mburu solo.mburu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:22:23 EAT 2009

My mum was fully convinced that OBAMA had memorized his inaugural
speech until i told her there were telepromters that he was reading
from. i think it is because we are used to kibaki reading from a piece
of paper without gazing at his audience. obama is not a god at all!

On 21/01/2009, Steve <sikileng at gmail.com> wrote:
> If look at the video carefully they always have the highlights speech stand
> on the left and right on but still the way he puts it out is fabulous
>
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Maina Samson <esmainah at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> The Obama speech puzzle.
>> Obama had a written speech which was infact distributed to media houses
>> before he read it. But watching him present the speech, I was alomost
>> convinced he was reading it off his* brain, his own head* if you like. Is
>> he a master of reading off teleprompters or do you think he memorised it,
>> or
>> just gave a haphazard/unscripted speech?
>>
>> Samson

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all
the same way to the side of a hill!