[kictanet] Kibaki signs Bill into law

Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Wed Jan 7 17:44:03 EAT 2009

It sounds like Tanzania has a very objective Media Council.

They recognise that the law is abit too tough but they believe the
Kenyan media brought it upon themselves when they failed to
self-regulate.

Through the one-sided campaign, it is clear that the media has no
intention to implement true self-regulation. Individual media houses
are now setting standards and walking away from the biased "group
mind" approach to issues.

Let's hope that Kenya's Media Council will learn from Tanzanians.

Wainaina