[kictanet] FW: Nation Media Group sacks 100 journalists forsupporting Media Bill

David Makali dmakali at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 17:37:08 EAT 2009

That's utter nonsense. Any journalist who doesn't see anything wrong with the laws, including all the things we have pointed out does not deserve the title of a journalist.

I hold no brief for nmg but the reason you attribute to the sackings is both puerile and false. No demonstration has been planned by nation group or any media organisation so the question of forcing any1 doesn't arise.
This is part of the propaganda whose source is obvious.

The defence of media freedom and our country's democratic foundations will continue, with or without such rearguard actions.
David

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live,
I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."
— Isaac Asimo, Columbian Author and Scientist

PO Box 3234
00200 Nairobi, Kenya
cell: +254 722 517 540