[kictanet] Kibaki signs Bill into law

Harry Hare harry at africanedevelopment.org
Tue Jan 6 12:32:25 EAT 2009

Dear Waudo and all,

I hear you on this and it has been my position that convergence is a good
thing but its only happening in technology and not law and therefore
developing a convergence law was definitely going to pose major challenges,
not just of acceptance but even its implementation.

Having said that, I think Waudo is right again that we should be bold enough
and seek a separate ministry for ICT that will be responsible for anything
ICT in the country. This will bring all the agencies that are currently
existing under one roof. I have in mind CCK, NCS, ICT Board, Directorate of
eGov (OP), GITS (Treasury). And in this we propose to have a legally
constituted consumer consultative board to look at consumer issues in the
sector.

Kindest regards
Harry

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/emailsignet%40mailcan.co>>