[kictanet] State Wrong on Internet Exchange Point , is it true

Emmanuel Khisa Emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke
Mon Dec 28 18:04:43 EAT 2009

I agree with Barrack on this one. I wonder wouldn't  it make more prudent
sense to liberalise (away from the current Kenic monopoly) the Kenya ccTLD
and have it open to other entrepreneurs? I am not sure there is any reason
why a cartel should retain the right to run this critical resource at the
expense of other Kenyans. Is it just me or someone else also sees the
illogic of charging Ksh. 3000 for a domain in an era where other domain
names are available for as little as Ksh.500. I know this has been said in
this forum but isn't it time action was taken.Dr. PS?

I believe this would make more sense than to have duplication of Exchange
points at the expense of the taxpayers.Someone enlighten this forum.

Regards,

Oloo Khisa.