[kictanet] @ 2010 Not Yet Uhuru

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 14:17:50 EAT 2009

Distinguished listers,

I have read through the comments and still feel it is not yet time to
celebrate, what we have simply done in the year 2009 is to build buses
(Policies, Infrastructure , Strategies) however Kenyans are still walking on
foot and hurting their toes as a result since they havent seen the
difference this buses will make in their lives. Many gains have been made
but they still don't resonate with the common man for instance *why are
accidents still maiming Kenyans whereas we can use ICT's to curb them
significantly through* CCTV's and other technologies (refer to Kwa Zulu
Natal SA), *why is the corruption index still high whereas we can use ICT's
to significantly reduce* *corruption*, *why is access to treatment a
challenge whereas telemedicine is a reality,* *why is education expensive
whereas e-learning is a reality* we continue to witness Petty fights among
stakeholders whereas there are *REAL* issues that must be addressed we need
to shun this culture and cooperate if we are to achieve more, if ICT cannot
contribute to Socio-economic liberation, *then it is not worth it,* for
those who were hitting hard continue with the same spirit mediocrity should
not be tolerated, for the Peacemakers, be blessed in the year 2010 and
continue with that spirit.
--
Barrack O. Otieno
Administrative Manager