[kictanet] merry xmas and great new year @2010

muriuki mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Thu Dec 24 15:55:11 EAT 2009

Hi

The year 2009 came in  fast and furious  - am sure you still remember KCA
amendment and the dust it blew on 2nd Jan 2009   ----

Yes the year is going  and shortly will be history.

In that history - we , the ICT community ,  and of course the kictanet
community has participated in the writing( or is it  reading) that history .
in 2009 we   recognised convergence, brought in electronic transactions
framework , more importantly more bandwidth than we know how to use it  and
took a major step to show Africa the way towards digital broadcasting  ,
coordination efforts in international fora e.g. IGF, ICANN   and on and
on-----.  A lot or this was conceived , discussed , killed , resurrected ,
critiqued , on the kictanet platform. The greatest value of the  list  is
the perspective of the vigorous participation  on the list or off the list .
from a very  high level government perspective   in govt  led by PS Dr Ndemo
,  ICT industry captains led by their  CEOs, regulators , techies , policy
makers , the media , consultants, the academia, consumer experts, students,
development partners , users etc . Once again KICTANET list lived to its
promise - a platform to talk /share even if we do not necessary agree. The
message coming out is Kenya is on the verge of take-off  in 2010- we expect
to see more in BPO industry ,  more activity on local content both in the
internet and broadcasting ,  more effort to bridge the digital divide in our
rural areas  and of course realisation of the promise of much much cheaper
bandwidth to the consumer  and of course a very successful ICANN in March
2010

With such  activity in 2009 it was only appropriate  to close the year with
a visit of one Sir Tim  Berners-Lee the inventor of the www.  We are moving,
KICTANET's new year resolution is to bring the inventor of the internet here
early in 2010

With that context  this is to  wish you much love, light and merriment over
the festive celebrations ahead! May you thoroughly enjoy yourself, and feel
the love, bounty, joy and abundance that is who you are! May you also find
time to be at peace with yourself in stillness, and to reflect and
experience more of the beauty of your heart. In these quieter times may you
receive and seed luminous dreams and wondrous futures, and experience more
of the love and truth of your being.

Cheers

Muriuki Mureithi (MM)